Sports Premium Grant
The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games was an opportunity to inspire the nation to enjoy a memorable cultural and sporting experience. The government is determined to secure a significant and lasting legacy from the games and to develop children’s enjoyment of sport and physical activity from an early age. As a result, in 2013 the Prime Minister set aside £300m specifically to improve the provision of Primary School PE and School Sport.
Our vision is for all pupils to leave our school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport. We aim to achieve self-sustaining improvements in the quality of PE and sport against 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the whole school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport